Table of Contents
Main Service Agreement
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Personal Information: Certain functionality on the Site and when registering to use the Services, we may require you to submit certain Personal Information and other information to SchoolBI, including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and company name and domain name (as applicable).
When purchasing the Services, we require you to provide financial and billing information, such as billing name and address, and credit card number (“Billing Information”). Your Personal Information and your Billing Information, together with any other information we gather through the Services that may be used to identify or contact you, are collectively referred to herein as your “Personal Information.”
Under no circumstances should you provide your social security number, driver’s license number, or other sensitive Personal Information through the Site.
Use Data: By choosing to use the Sites, you agree to provide SchoolBI with certain information that is automatically collected as you browse the Site (“Use Data”), including, without limitation, information about your usage of the Site, your IP address, geographic location, and information you may create, upload, publish, transmit, distribute, display, store or share using our Services. SchoolBI uses third-party website browser software tools (the “Tools”), such as “cookies,” web server logs, and analysis software (including Google Analytics, New Relic, and AWS services) to gather Use Data. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your hard drive. The Tools may be used by SchoolBI to, among other things, collect business and technical statistics, such as the number of new visitors to the Site, the date and time of visits, the pages viewed and paths followed by users to and through the Site, and how long users remain on the Site. Use Data is collected on an aggregate basis and does not consist of any Personal Information.
USE OF INFORMATION
The Personal Information we collect is used for various purposes in connection with our business, including, without limitation, making information and services available to our Site visitors, notifying visitors about important changes to the Site, and answering inquiries or fulfilling requests submitted by visitors to the Site. We also use the Personal Information we collect to respond to voluntary requests for information and to provide relevant content. By choosing to use the Site, you consent to SchoolBI’s use of your Personal Information for the purposes set forth herein.
SchoolBI uses Use Data in order to monitor use of the Sites, for the Site’s technical administration, and to improve the Site and our services. SchoolBI also uses Use Data for marketing and analytics purposes, to conduct tracking and analytics, and to help us understand how people use the Site.
The Billing Information we collect is used to manage your account, to provide the Services, and to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Services. We may use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. If we do so, such a service provider will not be permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
The Data, Diagnostic Information and Login Information is used for the purpose of administering and improving our Services to you. We may also use this information in a de-identified, anonymous way to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, and to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness.
The Usage and Analytics Information may be used in a de-identified, anonymous way to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify users have the authorization needed for the Services to process their requests.
The Generalized Location Information may be used for the purpose of administering and improving our Services to you. We may also use your Generalized Location Information in an anonymized manner to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services’ technical administration, and to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness.
Please note that if you are registering for or using the Services as an administrator on behalf of an organization, you may be able to view the activity and/or content associated with your sub-users’ use of the Services, including, but not limited to, their Personally Identifiable Information.
These Services are hosted in the United States and are intended primarily for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you may be transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information through the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
SUBSCRIBING TO E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCE
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to stop emails from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations. In accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to do the following:
NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
Allow users to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from SchoolBI by using the instructions and link at the bottom of each email
SHARING OF INFORMATION
SchoolBI does not share confidential user information with any outside party, except as provided herein.
Service Providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, data analysis, and legal, accounting, and marketing services. We may share your Personal Information or Use Data with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Other Third Parties: We also may share, disclose, or transfer your Personal Information or Use Data with third parties as follows: (a) to government agencies, advisors and other third parties, where necessary and appropriate, in order to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law requiring such disclosure, (ii) protect SchoolBI’s rights or property, (iii) prevent a crime or protect national security or (iv) protect the personal safety of the users or the public; or (b) in connection with a financing or a sale, acquisition or merger of our business or our business assets. We may also share with others aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Please note that if you are using the Services at the request or as part of an organization, your organization’s account administrator may be able to view certain activity and content associated with use of the Services, including, but not limited to, elements of your Personally Identifiable Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us provide and/or improve the Services. These third parties may have limited access to databases of user information or registered member information solely for the purpose of helping us to provide and/or improve the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our users for any other purpose. Such agents or third parties do not have any rights to use Personal Information beyond what is absolutely necessary to assist us.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
SchoolBI uses reasonable care to protect the privacy and security of Personal Information and to ensure that our systems are secure and meet industry standards.
Unauthorized attempts to use the Site in a way that violates our SchoolBI Terms and Conditions of Use, to utilize the Site for other than its intended purposes, or to defeat or circumvent the Site’s security features are strictly prohibited. We do not intend for the Site to be used by children under the age of 13, nor do we seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide us any information and promptly exit the Sites.
ACCESS, REVIEW, AND UPDATE OF INFORMATION
The users of the Sites or Services should email us at email@example.com to review, delete, deactivate, update or change any personal information that was previously provided to or collected by SchoolBI.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS MAIN SERVICES AGREEMENT GOVERNS CUSTOMERS’ ACQUISITION AND USE OF SCHOOLBI SERVICES. CAPITALIZED TERMS HAVE THE DEFINITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
IF A CUSTOMER REGISTERS FOR A FREE TRIAL OF SCHOOLBI SERVICES, THE APPLICABLE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL ALSO GOVERN THAT FREE TRIAL OR THOSE FREE SERVICES.
BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT, BY (1) CLICKING A BOX INDICATING ACCEPTANCE, (2) EXECUTING AN ORDER FORM THAT REFERENCES THIS AGREEMENT, OR (3) USING FREE SERVICES, CUSTOMER AGREES TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT IS ACCEPTING ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, SUCH INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTS THAT THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERM “CUSTOMER” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY OR DOES NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SUCH AN INDIVIDUAL MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES.
This agreement was last updated on February 15, 2023. It is effective between Customer and SchoolBI as of the date of Customer’s accepting this agreement (the “Effective Date”).
“Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the subject entity. “Control,” for purposes of this definition, means direct or indirect ownership or control of more than 50% of the voting interests of the subject entity.
“Agreement” means this Main Services Agreement.
“Beta Services” means SchoolBI services or functionality that may be made available to Customer to try at its option at no additional charge which is clearly designated as beta, pilot, limited release, developer preview, non-production, evaluation, or by a similar description.
“Content” means information obtained by SchoolBI from publicly available sources or its third-party content providers and made available to Customer through the Services, Beta Services or pursuant to an Order Form, as more fully described in the Documentation.
“Customer” means in the case of an individual accepting this Agreement on his or her own behalf, such individual, or in the case of an individual accepting this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, the company or other legal entity for which such individual is accepting this Agreement, and Affiliates of that company or entity (for so long as they remain Affiliates) which have entered into Order Forms.
“Customer Data” means electronic data and information submitted by or for Customer to the Services, excluding Content and Non-SchoolBI Applications.
“Documentation” means the applicable Privacy, Terms of Service, Compliance and user documentation at https://schoolbi.com/documentation. Documentation will be updated from time to time, accessible via the web or from SchoolBI’s help portal.
“Free Services” means Services that SchoolBI makes available to Customer free of charge. Free Services exclude Services offered as a free trial and Purchased Services.
“Malicious Code” means code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs and Trojan horses.
“Order Form” means an ordering document or online order specifying the Services to be provided hereunder that is entered into between Customer and SchoolBI or any of their Affiliates, including any addenda and supplements thereto. By entering into an Order Form hereunder, an Affiliate agrees to be bound by the terms of this Agreement as if it were an original party hereto.
“Order Form Number” An Order Form Number is a unique identifier assigned to a customer’s purchase Order Form. It is used to track and manage the order, ensuring that it is processed correctly and delivered to the customer.
“Purchased Services” means Services that Customer or Customer’s Affiliate purchases under an Order Form or online purchasing portal, as distinguished from Free Services or those provided pursuant to a free trial.
“Services” means the products and services that are ordered by Customer under an Order Form or online purchasing portal, or provided to Customer free of charge (as applicable) or under a free trial, and made available online by SchoolBI, including associated SchoolBI offline or mobile components, as described in the Documentation. “Services” exclude Content and Non-SchoolBI Applications.
“SchoolBI” means the SchoolBI INC company described in the “SchooBI Contracting Entity, Notices, Governing Law, and Venue” section below.
“User” means, in the case of an individual accepting these terms on his or her own behalf, such individual, or, in the case of an individual accepting this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, an individual who is authorized by Customer to use a Service, for whom Customer has purchased a subscription (or in the case of any Services provided by SchoolBI without charge, for whom a Service has been provisioned), and to whom Customer (or, when applicable, SchoolBI at Customer’s request) has supplied a user identification and password (for Services utilizing authentication). Users may include, for example, employees, consultants, contractors and agents of Customer, and third parties with which Customer transacts business.
- SCHOOLBI RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of Purchased Services. SchoolBI will (a) make the Services and Content available to Customer pursuant to this Agreement, and the applicable Order Forms and Documentation, (b) provide applicable SchoolBI standard support for the Purchased Services to Customer at no additional charge, and/or upgraded support if purchased, (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to make the online Purchased Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for: (i) planned downtime (of which SchoolBI shall give advance electronic notice), and (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond SchoolBI’s reasonable control, including, for example, an act of God, act of government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem (other than one involving SchoolBI employees), Internet service provider failure or delay, Non-SchoolBI Application, or denial of service attack, and (d) provide the Services in accordance with laws and government regulations applicable to SchoolBI provision of its Services to its customers generally (i.e., without regard for Customer’s particular use of the Services), and subject to Customer’s and Users’ use of the Services in accordance with this Agreement, the Documentation and the applicable Order Form.
- Protection of Customer Data. SchoolBI will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Customer Data, as described in the Documentation. Those safeguards will include, but will not be limited to, measures designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Customer Data. Upon request by Customer made within 30 days after the effective date of termination or expiration of this Agreement, SchoolBI will make Customer Data available to Customer or export or download as provided in the Documentation. After such 30-day period, SchoolBI will have no obligation to maintain or provide any Customer Data, and as provided in the Documentation will thereafter delete or destroy all copies of Customer Data in its systems or otherwise in its possession or control, unless legally prohibited.
- SchoolBI Personnel. SchoolBI will be responsible for the performance of its personnel (including its employees and contractors) and their compliance with SchoolBI’s obligations under this Agreement, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- Beta Services. From time to time, SchoolBI may make Beta Services available to Customer at no charge. Customer may choose to try such Beta Services or not in its sole discretion. Any use of Beta Services is subject to the Beta Services terms at https://school.bi/betaagreements
- Free Trial. If Customer registers on SchoolBI’s or an Affiliate’s website for a free trial, SchoolBI will make the applicable Service(s) available to Customer on a trial basis free of charge until the earlier of (a) the end of the free trial period for which Customer registered to use the applicable Service(s), or (b) the start date of any Purchased Service subscriptions ordered by Customer for such Service(s), or (c) termination by SchoolBI in its sole discretion. Additional trial terms and conditions may appear on the trial registration web page. Any such additional terms and conditions are incorporated into this Agreement by reference and are legally binding.
ANY DATA CUSTOMER ENTERS INTO THE SERVICES, AND ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS MADE TO THE SERVICES BY OR FOR CUSTOMER, DURING CUSTOMER’S FREE TRIAL WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST UNLESS CUSTOMER PURCHASES A SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SAME SERVICES AS THOSE COVERED BY THE TRIAL, PURCHASES APPLICABLE UPGRADED SERVICES, OR EXPORTS SUCH DATA, BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIAL PERIOD. CUSTOMER CANNOT TRANSFER DATA ENTERED OR CUSTOMIZATIONS MADE DURING THE FREE TRIAL TO A SERVICE THAT WOULD BE A DOWNGRADE FROM THAT COVERED BY THE TRIAL (E.G., FROM ENTERPRISE EDITION TO PROFESSIONAL EDITION); THEREFORE, IF CUSTOMER PURCHASES A SERVICE THAT WOULD BE A DOWNGRADE FROM THAT COVERED BY THE TRIAL, CUSTOMER MUST EXPORT CUSTOMER DATA BEFORE THE END OF THE TRIAL PERIOD OR CUSTOMER DATA WILL BE PERMANENTLY LOST.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE “REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS” SECTION AND “INDEMNIFICATION BY SCHOOLBI ” SECTION BELOW, DURING THE FREE TRIAL THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY AND SCHOOLBI SHALL HAVE NO INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS NOR LIABILITY OF ANY TYPE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES FOR THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD UNLESS SUCH EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IS NOT ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IN WHICH CASE SCHOOLBI’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES PROVIDED DURING THE FREE TRIAL SHALL NOT EXCEED $1,000.00. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SCHOOLBI AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO CUSTOMER THAT: (A) CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICES DURING THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS, (B) CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICES DURING THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, AND (C) USAGE DATA PROVIDED DURING THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD WILL BE ACCURATE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THE “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” SECTION BELOW, CUSTOMER SHALL BE FULLY LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO SCHOOLBI AND ITS AFFILIATES FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICES DURING THE FREE TRIAL PERIOD, ANY BREACH BY CUSTOMER OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY OF CUSTOMER’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER. SCHOOLBI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
CUSTOMER SHALL REVIEW THE APPLICABLE SERVICE’S DOCUMENTATION DURING THE TRIAL PERIOD TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE.
- Free Services. SchoolBI may make Free Services available to Customer. Use of Free Services is subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between this section and any other portion of this Agreement, this section shall control. Free Services are provided to Customer without charge up to certain limits as described in the Documentation. Usage over these limits requires Customer’s purchase of additional resources or services. Customer agrees that SchoolBI, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate Customer’s access to the Free Services or any part thereof. Customer agrees that any termination of Customer’s access to the Free Services may be without prior notice, and Customer agrees that SchoolBI will not be liable to Customer or any third party for such termination. Customer is solely responsible for exporting Customer Data from the Free Services prior to termination of Customer’s access to the Free Services for any reason, provided that if SchoolBI terminates Customer’s account, except as required by law SchoolBI will provide Customer a reasonable opportunity to retrieve its Customer Data.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE “REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS” SECTION AND “INDEMNIFICATION BY SCHOOLBI” SECTION BELOW, THE FREE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY AND SCHOOLBI SHALL HAVE NO INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS NOR LIABILITY OF ANY TYPE WITH RESPECT TO THE FREE SERVICES UNLESS SUCH EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IS NOT ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW IN WHICH CASE SCHOOLBI’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE FREE SERVICES SHALL NOT EXCEED $1,000.00. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, SCHOOLBI AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO CUSTOMER THAT: (A) CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE FREE SERVICES WILL MEET CUSTOMER’S REQUIREMENTS, (B) CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE FREE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR, AND (C) USAGE DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE FREE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THE “LIMITATION OF LIABILITY” SECTION BELOW, CUSTOMER SHALL BE FULLY LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO SCHOOLBI AND ITS AFFILIATES FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE FREE SERVICES, ANY BREACH BY CUSTOMER OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY OF CUSTOMER’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER.
USE OF SERVICES AND CONTENT
- USE OF SERVICE AND CONTENT
- Subscriptions. Unless otherwise provided in the applicable Order Form or Documentation, (a) Purchased Services and access to Content are purchased as subscriptions for the term stated in the applicable Order Form or in the applicable online purchasing portal, (b) subscriptions for Purchased Services may be added during a subscription term at the same pricing as the underlying subscription pricing, prorated for the portion of that subscription term remaining at the time the subscriptions are added, and (c) any added subscriptions will terminate on the same date as the underlying subscriptions. Customer agrees that its purchases are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features, or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by SchoolBI regarding future functionality or features.
- Usage Limits. Services and Content are subject to usage limits specified in Order Forms and Documentation. If Customer exceeds a contractual usage limit, SchoolBI may work with Customer to seek to reduce Customer’s usage so that it conforms to that limit. If, notwithstanding SchoolBI’s efforts, Customer is unable or unwilling to abide by a contractual usage limit, Customer will execute an Order Form for additional quantities of the applicable Services or Content promptly upon SchoolBI’s request, and/or pay any invoice for excess usage in accordance with the “Invoicing and Payment” section below.
- Customer Responsibilities. Customer will (a) be responsible for Users’ compliance with this Agreement, Documentation and Order Forms, (b) be responsible for the accuracy, quality and legality of Customer Data, the means by which Customer acquired Customer Data, Customer’s use of Customer Data with the Services, and the interoperation of any Non-SchoolBI Applications with which Customer uses Services or Content, (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of Services and Content, and notify SchoolBI promptly of any such unauthorized access or use, (d) use Services and Content only in accordance with this Agreement, Documentation, the Acceptable Use at https://schoolbi.com/documentation Order Forms and applicable laws and government regulations, and (e) comply with terms of service of any Non-SchoolBI Applications with which Customer uses Services or Content. Any use of the Services in breach of the foregoing by Customer or Users that in SchoolBI’s judgment threatens the security, integrity or availability of SchoolBI’s services, may result in SchoolBI’s immediate suspension of the Services, however SchoolBI will use commercially reasonable efforts under the circumstances to provide Customer with notice and an opportunity to remedy such violation or threat prior to any such suspension.
- Usage Restrictions. Customer will not (a) make any Service or Content available to anyone other than Customer or Users, or use any Service or Content for the benefit of anyone other than Customer or its Affiliates, unless expressly stated otherwise in an Order Form or the Documentation, (b) sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, rent or lease any Service or Content, or include any Service or Content in a service bureau or outsourcing offering, (c) use a Service or Non-SchoolBI Application to store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, or to store or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights, (d) use a Service or Non-SchooBI Application to store or transmit Malicious Code, (e) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of any Service or third-party data contained therein, (f) attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Service or Content or its related systems or networks, (g) permit direct or indirect access to or use of any Services or Content in a way that circumvents a contractual usage limit, or use any Services to access, copy or use any of SchoolBI intellectual property except as permitted under this Agreement, an Order Form, or the Documentation, (h) modify, copy, or create derivative works of a Service or any part, feature, function or user interface thereof, (i) copy Content except as permitted herein or in an Order Form or the Documentation, (j) frame or mirror any part of any Service or Content, other than framing on Customer’s own intranets or otherwise for its own internal business purposes or as permitted in the Documentation, (k) except to the extent permitted by applicable law, disassemble, reverse engineer, or decompile a Service or Content or access it to (1) build a competitive product or service, (2) build a product or service using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service, (3) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service, or (4) determine whether the Services are within the scope of any patent.
- Removal of Content and Non-SchoolBI Applications. If Customer receives notice, including from SchoolBI, that Content or a Non-SchoolBI Application may no longer be used or must be removed, modified and/or disabled to avoid violating applicable law, third-party rights, or the Acceptable Use and External Facing Services Policy, Customer will promptly do so. If Customer does not take required action, including deleting any Content Customer may have downloaded from the Services, in accordance with the above, or if in SchoolBI’s judgment continued violation is likely to reoccur, SchoolBI may disable the applicable Content, Service and/or Non-SchoolBI Application. If requested by SchoolBI, Customer shall confirm deletion and discontinuance of use of such Content and/or Non-SchoolBI Application in writing and SchoolBI shall be authorized to provide a copy of such confirmation to any such third-party claimant or governmental authority, as applicable. In addition, if SchoolBI is required by any third-party rights holder to remove Content, or receives information that Content provided to Customer may violate applicable law or third-party rights, SchoolBI may discontinue Customer’s access to Content through the Services.
NON-SCHOOLBI PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- NON-SCHOOLBI PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Non-SchoolBI Products and Services. SchoolBI or third parties may make available (for example, through a Marketplace or otherwise) third-party products or services, including, for example, Non-SchoolBI Applications and implementation and other consulting services. Any acquisition by Customer of such products or services, and any exchange of data between Customer and any Non-SchoolBI provider, product or service is solely between Customer and the applicable Non-SchoolBI provider. SchoolBI does not warrant or support Non-SchoolBI Applications or other Non-SchoolBI products or services, whether or not they are designated by SchoolBI as “certified” or otherwise, unless expressly provided otherwise in an Order Form. SchoolBI is not responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Customer Data resulting from access by such Non-SchoolBI Application or its provider.
- Integration with Non-SchoolBI Applications. The Services may contain features designed to interoperate with Non-SchoolBI Applications. SchoolBI cannot guarantee the continued availability of such Service features, and may cease providing them without entitling Customer to any refund, credit, or other compensation, if for example and without limitation, the provider of a Non-SchoolBI Application ceases to make the Non-SchoolBI Application available for interoperation with the corresponding Service features in a manner acceptable to SchoolBI.
FEES AND PAYMENT
- FEES AND PAYMENT
- Fees. Customer will pay all fees specified in Order Forms. Except as otherwise specified herein or in an Order Form, (i) fees are based on Services and Content subscriptions purchased and not actual usage, (ii) payment obligations are non- cancelable and fees paid are non-refundable, and (iii) quantities purchased cannot be decreased during the relevant subscription term.
- Invoicing and Payment. Customer will provide SchoolBI with valid and updated credit card information, or with a valid purchase order or alternative document reasonably acceptable to SchoolBI. If Customer provides credit card information to SchoolBI, Customer authorizes SchoolBI to charge such credit card for all Purchased Services listed in the Order Form for the initial subscription term and any renewal subscription term(s) as set forth in the “Term of Purchased Subscriptions” section below. Such charges shall be made in advance, either annually or in accordance with any different billing frequency stated in the applicable Order Form. If the Order Form specifies that payment will be by a method other than a credit card, SchoolBI will invoice Customer in advance and otherwise in accordance with the relevant Order Form. Unless otherwise stated in the Order Form, invoiced fees are due net 30 days from the invoice date. Customer is responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to SchoolBI and notifying SchoolBI of any changes to such information.
- Overdue Charges. If any invoiced amount is not received by SchoolBI by the due date, then without limiting SchoolBI’s rights or remedies, (a) those charges may accrue late interest at the rate of 1.5% of the outstanding balance per month, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, and/or (b) SchoolBI may condition future subscription renewals and Order Forms on payment terms shorter than those specified in the “Invoicing and Payment” section above.
- Suspension of Service and Acceleration. If any charge owing by Customer under this or any other agreement for services is 30 days or more overdue, (or 10 or more days overdue in the case of amounts Customer has authorized SchoolBI to charge to Customer’s credit card), SchoolBI may, without limiting its other rights and remedies, accelerate Customer’s unpaid fee obligations under such agreements so that all such obligations become immediately due and payable, and suspend Services until such amounts are paid in full, provided that, other than for customers paying by credit card or direct debit whose payment has been declined, SchoolBI will give Customer at least 10 days’ prior notice that its account is overdue, in accordance with the “Manner of Giving Notice” section below for billing notices, before suspending services to Customer.
- Taxes. SchoolBI’s fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction whatsoever (collectively, “Taxes”). Customer is responsible for paying all Taxes associated with its purchases hereunder. If SchoolBI has the legal obligation to pay or collect Taxes for which Customer is responsible under this section, SchoolBI will invoice Customer and Customer will pay that amount unless Customer provides SchoolBI with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENSES
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND LICENSES
- Reservation of Rights. Subject to the limited rights expressly granted hereunder, SchoolBI, its Affiliates, its licensors and Content Providers reserve all of their right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all of their related intellectual property rights. No rights are granted to Customer hereunder other than as expressly set forth herein.
- Access to and Use of Content. Customer has the right to access and use applicable Content subject to the terms of applicable Order Forms, this Agreement and the Documentation.
- License by Customer to SchoolBI. Customer grants SchoolBI, its Affiliates and applicable contractors a worldwide, limited-term license to host, copy, use, transmit, and display any Non-SchoolBI Applications and program code created by or for Customer using a Service or for use by Customer with the Services, and Customer Data, each as appropriate for SchoolBI to provide and ensure proper operation of the Services and associated systems in accordance with this Agreement. If Customer chooses to use a Non-SchoolBI Application with a Service, Customer grants SchoolBI permission to allow the Non-SchoolBI Application and its provider to access Customer Data and information about Customer’s usage of the Non-SchoolBI Application as appropriate for the interoperation of that Non-SchoolBI Application with the Service. Subject to the limited licenses granted herein, SchoolBI acquires no right, title or interest from Customer or its licensors under this Agreement in or to any Customer Data, Non-SchoolBI Application or such program code.
- License by Customer to Use Feedback. Customer grants to SchoolBI and its Affiliates a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, distribute, disclose, and make and incorporate into its services any suggestion, enhancement request, recommendation, correction or other feedback provided by Customer or Users relating to the operation of SchoolBI’s or its Affiliates’ services.
- Aggregated Information. SchoolBI may gather usage data, or trend or demographic information from time to time. We will not share such information with any person or entity in a manner that identifies Customer and/or Users or any person as an individual unless notification is made at the time of collection, or Customer has granted permission. Information shared with third parties is aggregate information only.
- Definition of Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” means all information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential or that reasonably should be understood to be confidential given the nature of the information and the circumstances of disclosure. Confidential Information of Customer includes Customer Data; Confidential Information of SchoolBI includes the Services and Content, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement and all Order Forms (including pricing). Confidential Information of each party includes business and marketing plans, technology and technical information, product plans and designs, and business processes disclosed by such party. However, Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without knowledge of any breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party. For the avoidance of doubt, the non-disclosure obligations set forth in this “Confidentiality” section apply to Confidential Information exchanged between the parties in connection with the evaluation of additional SchoolBI services.
- Protection of Confidential Information. As between the parties, each party retains all ownership rights in and to its Confidential Information. The Receiving Party will use the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind (but not less than reasonable care) to (i) not use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement and (ii) except as otherwise authorized by the Disclosing Party in writing, limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its Affiliates’ employees and contractors who need that access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections not materially less protective of the Confidential Information than those herein. Neither party will disclose the terms of this Agreement or any Order Form to any third party other than its Affiliates, legal counsel and accountants without the other party’s prior written consent, provided that a party that makes any such disclosure to its Affiliate, legal counsel or accountants will remain responsible for such Affiliate’s, legal counsel’s or accountant’s compliance with this “Confidentiality” section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SchoolBI may disclose the terms of this Agreement and any applicable Order Form to a contractor or Non-SchoolBI Application Provider to the extent necessary to perform SchoolBI’s obligations under this Agreement, under terms of confidentiality materially as protective as set forth herein.
- Compelled Disclosure. The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to the extent compelled by law to do so, provided the Receiving Party gives the Disclosing Party prior notice of the compelled disclosure (to the extent legally permitted) and reasonable assistance, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, if the Disclosing Party wishes to contest the disclosure. If the Receiving Party is compelled by law to disclose the Disclosing Party’s Confidential Information as part of a civil proceeding to which the Disclosing Party is a party, and the Disclosing Party is not contesting the disclosure, the Disclosing Party will reimburse the Receiving Party for its reasonable cost of compiling and providing secure access to that Confidential Information
REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- Representations. Each party represents that it has validly entered into this Agreement and has the legal power to do so.
- SchoolBI Warranties. SchoolBI warrants that during an applicable subscription term (a) this Agreement, the Order Forms and the Documentation will accurately describe the applicable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for protection of the security, confidentiality and integrity of Customer Data, (b) SchoolBI will not materially decrease the overall security of the Services, and (c) subject to the “Integration with Non-SchoolBI Applications” section above, SchoolBI will not materially decrease the overall functionality of the Services. For any breach of a warranty above, Customer’s exclusive remedies are those described in the “Termination” and “Refund or Payment upon Termination” sections below.
- SCHOOLBI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT CUSTOMER’S USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT SUCH PERFORMANCE WOULD NOT BE A REASONABLE EXPECTATION. NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ARE MADE AS TO ANY OUTCOME WHICH WILL BE ACHIEVED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES OR AS TO ANY PERFORMANCE WHICH WILL BE ACHIEVED. 3. Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND EACH PARTY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SERVICES PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE, CONTENT AND BETA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND AS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVE OF ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.
- MUTUAL INDEMNIFICATION
- Indemnification Disclaimer. Customer accepts that any indemnity provide under Article 9 is expressly subject to the maximum liability caps outlined in Article 10.
- Indemnification by SchoolBI. SchoolBI will defend Customer against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against Customer by a third party alleging that any Purchased Service infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights (a “Claim Against Customer”), and will indemnify Customer from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against Customer as a result of, or for amounts paid by Customer under a settlement approved by SchoolBI in writing of, a Claim Against Customer, provided Customer (a) promptly gives SchoolBI written notice of the Claim Against Customer, (b)gives SchoolBI sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against Customer (except that SchoolBI may not settle any Claim Against Customer unless it unconditionally releases Customer of all liability), and (c) gives SchoolBI all reasonable assistance, at SchoolBI expense. If SchoolBI receives information about an infringement or misappropriation claim related to a Service, SchoolBI may in its discretion and at no cost to Customer (i) modify the Services so that they are no longer claimed to infringe or misappropriate, without breaching SchoolBI’s warranties under “SchoolBI Warranties” above, (ii) obtain a license for Customer’s continued use of that Service in accordance with this Agreement, or (iii) terminate Customer’s subscriptions for that Service upon 30 days’ written notice and refund Customer any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of the terminated subscriptions. The above defense and indemnification obligations do not apply if (I) the allegation does not state with specificity that the Services are the basis of the Claim Against Customer; (II) a Claim Against Customer arises from the use or combination of the Services or any part thereof with software, hardware, data, or processes not provided by SchoolBI, if the Services or use thereof would not infringe without such combination; (III) a Claim Against Customer arises from Services under an Order Form for which there is no charge; or (IV) a Claim against Customer arises from Content, a Non-SchoolBI Application or Customer’s breach of this Agreement, the Documentation or applicable Order Forms.
- Indemnification by Customer. Customer will defend SchoolBI and its Affiliates against any claim, demand, suit or proceeding made or brought against SchoolBI by a third party (a) alleging that the combination of a Non-SchoolBI Application or configuration provided by Customer and used with the Services, infringes or misappropriates such third party’s intellectual property rights, or b) arising from (i) Customer’s use of the Services or Content in an unlawful manner or in violation of the Agreement, the Documentation, or Order Form, (ii) any Customer Data or Customer’s use of Customer Data with the Services, or (iii) a Non-SchoolBI Application provided by Customer(each a “Claim Against SchoolBI”), and will indemnify SchoolBI from any damages, attorney fees and costs finally awarded against SchoolBI as a result of, or for any amounts paid by SchoolBI under a settlement approved by Customer in writing of, a Claim Against SchoolBI, provided SchoolBI (A) promptly gives Customer written notice of the Claim Against SchoolBI, (B) gives Customer sole control of the defense and settlement of the Claim Against SchoolBI (except that Customer may not settle any Claim Against SchoolBI unless it unconditionally releases SchoolBI of all liability), and (C) gives Customer all reasonable assistance, at Customer’s expense. The above defense and indemnification obligations do not apply if a Claim Against SchoolBI arises from SchoolBI’s breach of this Agreement, the Documentation or applicable Order Forms.
- Exclusive Remedy. This “Mutual Indemnification” section states the indemnifying party’s sole liability to, and the indemnified party’s exclusive remedy against, the other party for any third-party claim described in this section
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF EACH PARTY TOGETHER WITH ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER AND ITS AFFILIATES HEREUNDER FOR THE SERVICES GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRECEDING THE FIRST INCIDENT OUT OF WHICH THE LIABILITY AROSE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION WILL APPLY WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, BUT WILL NOT LIMIT CUSTOMER’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’ PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE “FEES AND PAYMENT” SECTION ABOVE.
- Exclusion of Consequential and Related Damages. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, GOODWILL, OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COVER, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF A PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF A PARTY’S OR ITS AFFILIATES’ REMEDY OTHERWISE FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
TERM AND TERMINATION
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- Term of Agreement. This Agreement commences on the date Customer first accepts it and continues until all subscriptions hereunder have expired or have been terminated.
- Term of Purchased Subscriptions. The term of each subscription shall be as specified in the applicable Order Form. Except as otherwise specified in an Order Form, subscriptions will automatically renew for additional one year terms, unless either party gives the other written notice (email acceptable) at least 30 days before the end of the relevant subscription term. Except as expressly provided in the applicable Order Form, renewal of promotional or one-time priced subscriptions will be at SchoolBI’s applicable list price in effect at the time of the applicable renewal. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any renewal in which subscription volume or subscription length for any Services has decreased from the prior term will result in re-pricing at renewal without regard to the prior term’s per-unit pricing.
- Termination. A party may terminate this Agreement for cause (i) upon 30 days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Refund or Payment upon Termination. If this Agreement is terminated by Customer in accordance with the “Termination” section above, SchoolBI will refund Customer any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms after the effective date of termination. If this Agreement is terminated by SchoolBI in accordance with the “Termination” section above, Customer will pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all Order Forms to the extent permitted by applicable law. In no event will termination relieve Customer of its obligation to pay any fees payable to SchoolBI for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
- Surviving Provisions. The sections titled “Free Services,” “Fees and Payment,” “Proprietary Rights and Licenses,” “Confidentiality,” “Disclaimers,” “Mutual Indemnification,” “Limitation of Liability,” “Refund or Payment upon Termination,” “Removal of Content and Non-SchoolBI Applications,” “Surviving Provisions” and “General Provisions” will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement, and the section titled “Protection of Customer Data” will survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement for so long as SchoolBI retains possession of Customer Data.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Export Compliance. The Services, Content, other SchoolBI technology, and derivatives thereof may be subject to export laws and regulations of the United States and other jurisdictions. SchoolBI and Customer each represents that it is not on any U.S. government denied-party list. Customer will not permit any User to access or use any Service or Content in a U.S.-embargoed country or region (currently the Crimea, Luhansk or Donetsk regions, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, or Syria) or as may be updated from time to time or violation of any U.S. export law or regulation.
- Anti-Corruption. Neither party has received or been offered any illegal or improper bribe, kickback, payment, gift, or thing of value from an employee or agent of the other party in connection with this Agreement. Reasonable gifts and entertainment provided in the ordinary course of business do not violate the above restriction.
- Entire Agreement and Order of Precedence. This Agreement is the entire agreement between SchoolBI and Customer regarding Customer’s use of Services and Content and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, proposals or representations, written or oral, concerning its subject matter. The parties agree that any term or condition stated in a Customer purchase order or in any other Customer order documentation (excluding Order Forms) is void. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency among the following documents, the order of precedence shall be: (1) the applicable Order Form, (2) this Agreement, and (3) the Documentation. Titles and headings of sections of this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of any provision of this Agreement.
- Relationship of the Parties. The parties are independent contractors. This Agreement does not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship between the parties. Each party will be solely responsible for payment of all compensation owed to its employees, as well as all employment-related taxes.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries. There are no third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement.
- Waiver. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right under this Agreement will constitute a waiver of that right.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the provision will be deemed null and void, and the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect.
- Assignment. Customer may not assign any of its rights or obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without SchoolBI’s prior written consent (not to be unreasonably withheld); any merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization of Customer or sale of all or substantially all of its assets shall be considered an assignment of this Agreement. In the event that SchoolBI does not consent to such assignment, this Agreement will terminate and SchoolBI will refund Customer any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the term of all subscriptions for the period after the effective date of such termination. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- Agreement to Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Each party agrees to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire, as if performed wholly within the state and without giving effect to the principles of conflict of law. Any legal actions or proceedings arising under this Agreement will be brought exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire and the parties hereby consent to personal jurisdiction and venue therein.
- Manner of Giving Notice. Except as otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices related to this Agreement will be in writing and will be effective upon (a) personal delivery, (b) the second business day after mailing, or (c), except for notices of termination or an indemnifiable claim (“Legal Notices”), which shall clearly be identifiable as Legal Notices, the day of sending by email. Billing-related notices to Customer will be addressed to the relevant billing contact designated by Customer. All other notices to Customer will be addressed to the relevant Services system administrator designated by Customer.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS